Who We Are
Ubiquiti Networks is a next-generation communications technology company founded in 2005. We design and manufacture disruptive technology platforms for emerging markets that drive profitable business models and enable ubiquitous connectivity. Our technology platforms such as airMAX, airFiber, UniFi, UniFi Video, EdgeMAX, and AmpliFi, focus on unparalleled user experience combined with industry leading performance at disruptive cost points.
We are looking for a talented and self-driven software engineer to join our growing team. As part of our team you would help us build and test Ubiquiti’s latest designs and help us deliver the robust and powerful products our customers expect.
Candidate will work in cooperation with other engineers to develop firmware for UniFi Security Gateway and related products. The candidate must possess expert knowledge of embedded Linux processes and have experience developing Linux network appliances.
This position is open for hiring in the following locations:
-Vancouver or Toronto, Canada
Must Have Requirements
- Proficient in software development tools, knowledge of git revision control
- Strong programming skills
- Minimum 3 years experience developing Linux network appliance software
- Expert knowledge of Linux networking stack and kernel <-> user communication
- Expert in C and C++ development
- Linux kernel development and debugging experience
- Java, Perl and shell scripting experience
- Ability to adapt and quickly pick up new technologies
- Ability to work productively and autonomously, whether on a small team or solo, including the ability to give and receive constructive criticism to team members
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Experience that is a Major Plus
- Experience with EdgeOS, Vyatta and/or VyOS development and administration
- Experience with Cavium Octeon offload hardware
Ubiquiti offers full benefits, a flexible schedule, and many other perks for success-driven individuals.
How to Apply
Submit your resume together with a cover letter including link to a project you worked on (e.g. your GitHub account, link to commit in an Open Source project, etc.) to show your proficiency in embedded systems and Linux.